Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Home Again

Wow...
It's been a QUICK 15 months! Man, I'm exhausted, worn out, and happier than I've been in a long time. My mission IS EVERYTHING to me, don't get me wrong, but sometimes things happen that you didn't plan for and that you're not willing to accept, but the choice just isn't there to make.
Being sent home on a medical release is, at first, demoralizing. But you quickly learn to accept that it's needed, it's part of the plan, and time keeps turning.
I was released last night as an Emissary of our Lord. I'm dejected, overwhelmed, and sad. I miss my mission and all the wonderful people there. All of my recent converts are still over there! Luckily some of you might get to meet some of them, since they plan on visiting soon.
Mainly, I'm just happy to be home, relieved to be working on the medical side of things, and it's a lot of fun figuring out English again. Thanks to all those who welcomed me home with open arms and warm hearts. I served my Lord, and I gave it all I had. But I'm never finished. I'll never be finished.
Love you all! Get in touch! I'd love to chat!

-Kevin Carter Jr.

No comments: