Monday, March 14, 2011

Stuck in the Middle

Dajia, Li He!
Well, our investigator pool is up to tiptop shape again. We have three investigators lined up for the next three weeks. One of them is Lin Zi Xiang. His situation is VERY special, and VERY hard, so I don't know how much I can share through email. But it's good we're able to meet with him. I have to talk to President Bishop now on how to handle and figure out his situation. It's almost out of my hands it's just THAT special, and just THAT hard. ;P
I guess the work is moving forward. It kinda feels the same as it always has. Not a lot of change.
I'll thank Elder Derek for the simple advice and the friendship he offers a world away. Thanks, bro.
I need to thank you all for writing me. I still have all the letters I need to reply to, sitting in my desk. So I'll get to that as soon as I have some time. But, I'll apologize first, it may be awhile before anyone gets anything from me besides email. I'm sorry, I just can't find the time or the will to sit down and write. The members here are dying to take us out to do fun things, and I'm sick of staying inside. Went out to eat at a good Japanese restaurant today. Not too expensive and I will TOTALLY be taking everyone to eat there when the opportunity comes around.
I don't care what happens, but I figure the only thing I want for Christmas for the rest of my life is the opportunity, ability, and possibility of coming back to Taiwan. The best would be if I could come back EVERY year. Obviously that won't happen for awhile, but I just can't leave it behind...
I'm sick of writing emails that are just me venting all my thoughts and problems, and all that. Aren't I supposed to be sending things about how this church is true, how Taiwan is, and the weather, the investigators, and all that? I end up sending eulogies, it feels like sometimes. (Hahaha...)

Sorry. Just know that I look up to all of you. Every one. I'm just stuck in the middle of finding my identity again... A Son of God? Really?
There's so many things that I was doing so well at, at the start of my mission. Now, I'm doing horribly. I thought I knew I was a Son of God. But how do you really figure that out? How do you go about learning your identity? Who are you really?
Well, it starts with prayer. Then you go do what you can to bring the blessings you wish for to the forefront. If your desires are righteous, you'll get what you need. But it's all up to God's time.

Remember God delights in the weak. That's where His power is most evident. Thanks Heavens I'm so weak... now I get more God-power. :P lol...

I pray for all of you everyday. Dad, to know I love him. Mom, and Shelby to find peace in her world of over-sensory overload. For Raquel, Grandpa, the Blackburns, Eric Blackburn, Jason and Jennifer. Grandma Hill to be alright by herself, to feel the presence of her husband and her family constantly, Cathryn and Dave to be happy and find energy in the Gospel, Sarah to find the balance she needs in her life, Tersta, Nana and Grandpa Lee, and for Mike and Nise, hoping for forgiveness from them, CJ and Katie, begging for their successful lives.
There's more. And more. Including all my buddies on their missions (the Magnificent 7). And all the people in our ward, like Brother Johnson, the Goodmans, the Campbells, and anyone else pushing through trials.
I feel bad saying stuff like this when I, myself, am having troubles, and doubts, but I know that true happiness and everything we've ever wanted can only come through this Gospel. You find pieces of it in other places, but this Gospel is the only one that even makes sense. I know it's true. I'm just working to grow closer to my God, and develop my own personal testimony, which will allow me to lead my future family, back to their God, to our Loving Heavenly Father, where we find peace. Eternal peace.

Love you all.
Pray for me, I need it.
Love you, Shelbs, keep smiling

-Elder Carter

No comments: