Thursday, January 15, 2009

Root Beer Time!


Ok, ok. If you've heard, I have a deal with my Aunt Raquel. I figured that enough people know; it's about time I start updating. Here's the deal. I have--excuse me--"get" to play Root Beer Rag by Billy Joel. What? What's the deal? Well, Jon Schmidt can play this song in 2:32, while the famous Billy Joel played it in 3:04. The goal? I ha-get to play this song in at least 3:04 and I get to go on a trip to New York City with my Aunt Raquel, if successful. At first the music scared me. Above is the first page. Took me a while to get good enough to even look at that page. But after some time it became a lot easier than it looks. Now, the hard part is getting it under 3 minutes. My first recorded time was 7 minutes (yikes!). Then I shaved 2 minutes off. Now, my most recent recorded time is 3 minutes and 30 seconds. I am literally 26 seconds away from going to New York. But man, I'm having to relearn the entire song to get it any lower! It's so stinkin' hard!!! Updates periodically. Just.... don't laugh too hard if I don't manage it... it's hard, ok?!!!

No comments: