Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Moving Forward

Well, I have a job at Walmart, but it doesn't start until mid-February. So I'll have 4 weeks there. Tomorrow I have a 4-hour interview for a call-center, that I hope I get. Last week, I interviewed for a job at a private insurance company, and got it. But they forgot that we had discussed the fact that I would be gone mid-March on an LDS mission. They told me I got the job, only for me to remind them of my departure. I keep looking for work, and it's slowing down. I am starting to really re-kindle my mower tune-up business, while I wait for something else to happen. I have just about 50 or so days before I leave, and I can't wait. It's not enough, but it's too much. It's gonna take forever for that day to come, and yet it'll come way too fast. But I'm ready. I'm not worried about anything after that day other than doing my best and bringing as many souls unto Christ as I possibly can. Videogames I love playing are being released in sequels all around me and I can't do anything about it. I have a short supply of novels I can read to keep me busy, and the television shows my Dad and I keep up on week after week. I have little projects I am trying to finish before I head out, and, of course, I won't be able to finish them. When I go to the theater, I see previews for fantastic movies that come out after I leave. Apple decides to launch new devices right before I go. I've decided that I am going to be excited for what is available when I get back. I can't wait to go, I'm hunting for things to do, and yet I have too much to do. There's not enough time, but there's plenty. As I am attacked on every front by the adversary, I find solice in the Atonement and in my family. One of my favorite quotes comes from the movie "Meet the Robinsons". "Keep Moving Forward." Like Adam of old, that's just what I'm going to do.

No comments: